Global Citizen

This blog is henceforth dedicated to articles and posts about science and technology for common man.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

It Happened One night

It was night and son Karan was fast asleep in his room. I watched the Late night movie – The Omen.

The hero Damien was a boy of Karan’s age. But his innocent eyes radiated ….…. evil !

Movie over, I retired to bed too.Could be at midnight, a strong gust of air through the open windows awoke me. I got out of my bed to lock up the windows. It is then I noticed light streaming in down the hallway. I had switched off all the lights before retiring to bed. How did this light be on? I wondered.As I walked towards the kitchen, from where the light was streaming in. I saw a shadow along the entire length of the wall. “Was it of a burglar who had entered my house ? What if he was armed and attacked me? Fear crossed my mind. I heard the sound of something ripped open , then a rustling or was it crunching and munching sound. This is no burglar, then is it a Ghost? A Dracula in real life .

My heart pounded high and loud. Praying god for help, with unsteady steps I walked into the kitchen. There was nobody there, but I could still hear the sounds clearly !

I very slowly turned around and there stood the, Damien right in front of the door. His lips were red and quivering, as if to speak out. His face was drained white.“No, this is Karan,” I screamed.

“Papa, I came to eat potato wafers ..”, Karan whispered, the open packet of chips in his left hand.Picking him up in my arms and Kissing him, I carried him to his bed. On way back to my room, when I was few steps away from the kitchen, the light turned off on its own.

Through the Skylight, I saw a stiletto of a little boy of age of my Karan, moving on the roof !

3 Comments:

Blogger Illkilya said...

Very nice!

12:46 AM  
Blogger venkey said...

sir is that ur imagination or its a fact.sometimes when we see some objects they r zeroxed in our mind and we feel as if its following us. and we feel supernatural. no supernatural thing exists. sir i have tried to find this in my mothers native where ppl were terified to go to certain place in there village. they challanged me to go and i went late night and i saw nothing i even called loudely in that place but nothing was there. it happens when someone tells or u sea such things. actually i want to feel somthing supernatural let me see sometime i also may come across such things then i will also belive.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Udaya Shankar Puranik said...

Venkatesh,

It is fiction.

I wrote it when awake and lonely in a night.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home